This type of installation is available to both individuals and businesses
Video surveillance has taken a new momentum with the recent arrival of new technologies. Thanks to Internet video surveillance, it is now possible to easily access numerous functionalities to secure one’s home, one’s business…
Video surveillance: how does it work?
The principle of Internet video surveillance is to view the images of a surveillance camera via the Internet.
One or more surveillance cameras are connected to a computer with a high-speed Internet connection.
By connecting to the Internet, the user can remotely view his business, his home, and what his children are doing in real-time and in high resolution.
Two types of internet video surveillance installation
There are different types of installation to benefit from Internet video surveillance.
Webcam(s) are connected to a computer with video surveillance software and a broadband Internet connection. The user can view the images captured by the video surveillance webcam in real-time. The only drawback comes to the quality of the images depending on the range of webcams and applications of the video surveillance software.
IP cameras (or network cameras) are connected (wired or wireless) to a server. IP video surveillance uses the computer network to transmit the captured data. This data is then available for consultation from any computer via the Internet.
Features of Internet video surveillance
Internet video surveillance allows many applications. These depend on:
– the chosen video surveillance software;
– or the type of IP cameras you have.
Here is a summary (not exhaustive) of the possible functionalities:
– Fast and economical transport of sound and image;
– Unlimited and economical storage of compressed images on hard disk;
– Intelligent archiving, easy search of a recording;
– High-quality digital image (zoom…);
– Smart alarm system: motion detectors, smoke detectors… triggering of the alarm if there is an anomaly, sending of an alert message (audio, video) by e-mail (on PC, PDA, GSM), SMS or telephone message;
– Possibility to control the cameras via a PC, a PDA, or a GSM.
Cost of this type of video surveillance: depending on the type of equipment
Internet video surveillance has become very accessible, which was not the case a few years ago.
Here is the indicative cost of an installation:
– webcam (about $60) + video surveillance software (free or from $50) + a computer + broadband internet connection;
– IP camera pack: about $1,000 for four IP cameras.
Maintenance and installation costs are pretty low.
If you wish, we can put you in touch with one or more video surveillance specialists. They will be able to provide you with a free, no-obligation quote.